Illinois Symposium – Connecting the Illinois Food Safety Community
The Illinois Food Safety Symposium will be held on August 8th and 9th, 2017 at the Marriott Hotel and Conference Center in Bloomington-Normal, Illinois. ConnectFood is hosting the Symposium in order to continue the tradition of bringing together regulators, academia, and industry professionals in order to work towards continuous improvement of the food safety environment in Illinois through. The Symposium includes discussions of the following topics: food safety, nutrition, food defense, transportation and distribution, and public health awareness.
- The Symposium initially started in the year 2000. Running for 16 years.
- The Symposium focuses on the sweeping impact of the Food Safety Modernization Act.
- Prior sponsors have included: Illinois Department of Public Health, Illinois State University, Sangamon County
- Department of Public Health, Vermillino County Health Department, foodserversafety.com, and many more.
- 250-300 attendees have participated in each Symposium in prior years.
Partner with the Extensive Food Community:
- Affiliate with ConnectFood and other experts to provide food safety knowledge to Illinois food industry professionals.
- Achieve broad marketing exposure, prominent visibility on print and social media, networking opportunities, and insight year-round into what is happening within the food industry.